The RealWear Head Mounted Tablet can actively support work processes in many ways. This can be especially helpful if processes are not part of the personal or operational routine.
Options for Assistance with the HMT-1
- PDFs, images: files stored locally or via database/cloud solutions, such as work instructions, diagrams or step-by-step instructions can be opened on the HMT-1 without additional software using the so-called “Document Navigator”. This also applies to:
- Videos: watch manual videos and pause / stop them if necessary.
In addition, the Head Mounted Tablet, of course, also offers the possibility to take photos and videos themselves, in order to subsequently use them as supporting manual videos.
- Applications: Our software partners offer their own apps in which all steps including image / video material can be easily read, processed and confirmed with the HMT. Often, these applications also provide appropriate interfaces to databases.
- Browser-based solutions: We recommend working with websites that are responsive or have their own mobile version. The MicroDisplay of the Head Mounted Tablet is considered as “less (content) is more” – ie the less content the easier it is for the user to read it.
And yes: of course you can also use Youtube in the browser!
- Quality assurance: nearly all processes – whether in production or maintenance, for example – require detailed, step-by-step processing. With the help of an HMT assistance solution nothing can be forgotten or overlooked.
- Independent work: especially for new employees or employees in training, the Head Mounted Tablet with a suitable software solution can quickly be the step into an independent and responsible work.
At the same time, the respective supervisors or production managers are less deducted from their main tasks.
In addition, employees can be deployed more flexibly with digital assistance tools.
- Minimization of media breaks: Media breaks – that is, the change of different media – can be minimized and thus less transmission errors happen. The processes themselves are handled faster.
- Feedback on the digital instructions: the process instructions are continually checked in the application – whether intentionally or unintentionally – and thus continuously validated. So those can be improved and updated over and over again.