After a pre-release phase of several months, Microsoft Teams – along with many other partner apps – is officially available with an optimized application for the RealWear Head Mounted Tablet.
If you want to use MS Teams on the HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1, a Foresight account is currently required for this: https://www.realwear.com/products/foresight/ – (click “get started”).
There you can add the HMT (of course several too) with it’s serial number and simply install MS Teams on the wearable with a new “Policy” oder in a “Device Group” – in which you add the MS Teams app. Please make sure that the HMT is connected to the internet.
Please also check that your Head Mounted Tablet has firmware version 11.2 installed. This is necessary for smooth operation with MS Teams.
If you have already tested Microsoft Teams in the pre-release phase, the application should update automatically by now.
You should have the latest version available in the Foresight account as well as on the head-mounted tablet. Your HMT should run on Firmware version 11.2 too.
If Microsoft Teams doesn’t update automatically:
The following steps are necessary:
- Upgrade of the HMT-1 to Release 11.2.
- Log in to your Foresight account
- Delete the HMT from the “Device Group” with the pre-release version
- Creating a new Policy oder Device Group with the new Teams app, version number 1449 / 18.104.22.1680100201
- Assign the Policy or Device Group to the HMT
- Restart the HMT and wait about 5 minutes.
- After the restart, a “W symbol” must appear in the top left, which indicates the active connection to Foresight. Please be patient if the symbol is not immediately visible.
- Under “My Programs” you will find the current Microsoft Teams app (without preview bar)
If the quality is not significantly better when starting a new team session, please switch the video off and on again. Then everything should finally fit.