Attention: This firmware release formats the file system to ensure a security and encryption. During the update a back-up of existing apps and settings is taken. However, there is no guarantee, that still some data and apps are lost from your Head Mounted Tablet.
How to do the Firmware Update:
- If you haven’t done so already, please update your Head Mounted Tablet to the latest firmware 10.5.0-04-C.HMT-1.G.
You can download and install the update files under > My Programs> Wireless Update. Without the current version, Release 11 cannot be installed successfully.
- Back up all files on the HMT externally.
- Registration of your HMT serial number: you will find this on the inside behind the rear pad. Please send the serial number to email@example.com. We take care of your activation for Release 11.
- Please make sure that the HMT is configured for the right eye update.
- Then download and install Release 11 (approx. 276 MB) as before under> My Programs> Wireless Update.
During the download (the HMT starts several times), please configure a QR code on your PC on https://realwear.setupmyhmt.com/configure/first-time-setup/locale with at least time and date. Alternatively, you can of course also use the RealWear Companion app on your smartphone for generating the QR Code.
- If the release 11 is fully installed and the HMT restarts, this QR code is required and you cannot operate the HMT without it.
Official RealWear Release Notes:
- Android Baseline Update to 2018: in order to fully support Android Enterprise at a system level, the core implementation of Android 8.1 has been updated from the 2016 firmware version to the 2018 firmware version.
- Both HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1 will now share a common firmware source, allowing for faster software updates to both device lines.
- Light Touch Enrollment: User or Admin can perform a simple one-time scan of a QR code to completely provision an HMT for an enterprise network.
- File Based Encryption (FBE): HMT devices can be fully encrypted and require a user to enter a PIN to unlock. This also enables a secure platform for multiple users.
- Translation Updates for Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), and Thai.
- Advanced Noise Cancellation Option: an advanced version of noise cancellation can now be enabled in Android Settings (My Programs → Settings → RealWear → Audio: Noise Cancellation) that allows more precise speech recognition in high decibel environments. This is a Beta feature, so please try it out and send us your feedback.
- Android Security Updates
You can find all details on about Release 11 on https://realwear.com/knowledge-center/hmt-release-notes/r11-support/
In case of any questions we are happy to answer them!